Thursday, February 14, 2008

Today's the big day

Not Valentine's Day, though it is also that. Kaya is going in to get her teeth looked at to see what our options are. I'm kind of nervous, even though this is not a risky procedure in any way. She's my baby, so I guess it's parental nerves. *g*

Of course, since she has surgery today she had to go and eat a chunk of Nylabone last night and make me worried about a GI obstruction. She's still acting normal this morning, so hopefully it was small enough to pass without a problem.

I also have a Surgery test this morning that I did not study well for. We'll see how that goes...


Edit: I am tentatively keeping my fingers crossed that things aren't as bad as they seemed. Dr. Nieves was able to pop off the slab, and she said it doesn't *look* like the fracture got into the pulp chamber. We're bringing her back in tomorrow where they're going to clean it up and do radiographs to check things out, and if it's not in the pulp chamber Dr. Nieves can just restore it (basically a filling). It's not likely to last her entire life like a crown would, but if it starts to flake off we just have to be extra-good about brushing her teeth. I will definitely take that over a crown!

No comments: