Tuesday, February 5, 2008

525, 600 Minutes


A year ago today I made the second major decision of my life. I think I will always question whether it was the right decision. If we had held out a little longer, maybe we would have found out she didn't really have FIP but was only positive for coronavirus and had something treatable. If I had known then to pay extra to bring her to the teaching hospital for a second opinion, what might have happened? Those "ifs" will get you, especially when it's too late to do anything about it.

Here's to you, Sabriel. You were a cat without comparison, and we will be lucky if we ever have another kitty with your sweet temperament.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Wow, I can't believe it's been a year. I know it's hard, but try not to think of the "ifs", you did what you thought was best and you kept Sabriel from suffering any more than necessary.