Friday, May 25, 2007

Moggie the Moggie

Go to England if you don't get it. Not that I've been there, I just know the lingo. At least as far as animals are concerned. :P

We took Moggie into the clinic last week because she had a raw, inflamed spot on her chin. Amoxi cleared up the inflammation but yesterday I noticed she had these pustules deep under her skin. So now she's on Clavamox which will hopefully clear up the deeper infection. I swear, we should just open a line of credit at the clinic. It's a great clinic and I like all the doctors, but I can't wait until I can treat my own animals!

A friend from school is in Minnesota for the summer, and a friend of hers found a calico kitty that's going to have 6 kittens soon. It's her job to find homes for them, and guess who she contacted? She said if we wanted one she'd save the cutest and nicest one. We *really* don't need another pet, but I said if we get to the end of the summer and she just can't find homes for them all we might take one. I can't knowingly leave a kitty without a home. I love Kaya, but I now know that kitties are closer to my heart. It's an odd turn-around, because I always thought I liked dogs more. Maybe it's because all of the responsibility is now mine, and kitties are so much less demanding. Not that I want Pigwidgeon to die (because he'll probably be around a few more years), but if a space opens up, I'm filling it with a kitty. My guinea pig days will be over. I may not even get another dog once Kaya's gone (in like 10-15 years :P).

Finding out my cat preference opens another possible career door. Cat only hospitals are becoming more and more common, especially in bigger cities where more people own cats because more people are busy and in apartments. It's something to consider, and I don't think I'd mind a specialty anyway (feline internal medicine anyone?).

1 comment:

Anna said...

When I first read this, I thought you said "Now that I've been there" instead of "Not that I've been there" and I thought to myself, "When the hell did Carrie go to England?!" and I was really confused... It turns out I just don't read good. :-D

And if you get another cat I'm going to start calling you the cat lady. Seriously.