Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Summer Strangeness

This summer job is turning out to be so weird. Details that I would have assumed would be taken care of before it was even approved still need to be done. We have to go through IACUC (institutional animal care and use commitee) to get approval for the project, and that takes a month. So I can't even start my research until July. And the poster is due at the beginning of August. *screams and pulls hair* On the bright side I've been pretty much working from home doing some background research and reading lots of articles. It's boring, but it's nice not to be at school.

My cousin is getting married this weekend. She's a pretty hot artsy girl, and she's marrying a regular joe cowboy (whose name happens to be Joe!). He is really nice and they're obviously in love; it's just one of the stranger matches I've seen. Anyway, this wedding is taking place the same day as and an hour apart from the wedding of someone else in the family (like my mom's cousin's son or something, from Virginia, but he's marrying an Omaha girl--odd). So all the extended family from out east is flying in for that wedding in Omaha, but all the family here is going to my cousin's wedding in Lincoln. There's a big brouhaha about who's going to which wedding, because neither party was willing to even move the time so people could make it to both. My mom decided to have a party Friday night that everybody could come to so the whole family could get together (I think it's been like 10 years at least since we've seen the east coast family), and apparently that upset the mother of the bride in Lincoln because they aren't coming. People are so weird.

In other wedding-related news, I had such a nightmare last night. KP had told his mother that we were thinking about getting married (which we aren't, to my knowledge) and she took it upon herself to plan a wedding. Both of our families showed up and said they were so glad we were finally getting married and brought a dress and everything, and I totally freaked out but for some reason couldn't tell them I didn't want to have this wedding. The wedding was the next day, and I was in the dress (which was this really pretty turquoise color) when I finally just had to say I didn't want to do it. People were so disappointed and angry, and then K came to the rescue to drive me away. She ended up driving down the wrong side of the road toward traffic, and that's when I woke up. What on earth could this mean?!

2 comments:

Anna said...

wow, mayhaps someone's afraid of marriage? :-D

Carrie said...

Haha, I don't post for two months, and the day I post again you make a comment. :P

But I agree, I may be the tiniest bit afraid of marriage. Just a tiny bit.