Saturday, February 10, 2007

Life's a Beach

We're all adjusting to Sabriel being gone. I think Mogget's having the hardest time of it. She's never been a vocal cat and now she meows frequently. We've been playing with her more trying to wear her out, but the fact is we're just going to have to get another cat. We want to adopt again, but the truth is we're leery of getting another cat from the Ames shelter--and believe me, I know it's unlikely this would happen again. Still, the fear is there. Plus, I'm not quite ready to get another cat yet. I'm thinking maybe over Spring Break we can start looking for a new one.

Speaking of Spring Break, we really have an insane test schedule up until that point. We have Neuro Monday, Immunology Friday, Path the following Wednesday, Anatomy the following Friday, then right after that Neuro Monday and Histo Tuesday. Those last three days before Spring Break I don't think anyone's going to be paying attention. Then I get to go to Seattle for a few days. I'm excited about that. :)

We should get the urn we ordered for Sabriel soon, and we got some cute cubby shelves from Target for that and other knick-knacks to go on. I want to remember her but not, as K said, build a shrine to her. I am glad we took such a ridiculous number of pictures of her for the time we had her. KP and I have been trying to pick out one to blow up for a frame, and we're down to 6 and can't decide. The pictures were fun to go through, and helped us remember the fun we had with her growing up; not just the last couple weeks where she was fading.

Anyway, I think A is at the doctor and J is still sleeping, but I at least need to start studying Neuro so I can feel like I have accomplished something today.

2 comments:

Anna said...

After reading your blog, I just have an urge to call your boyfriend KP... I think it would be a good nickname for him. :-P

Kyle Perkins said...

:(