Monday, March 3, 2008

I think Christianity has been wrong all these years

Hell is a frozen wasteland.

I don't know if we've had a record number of winter storms this year, but every time we are tempted by the emergence of clear ground our hopes are walloped by another dumping of snow and ice. The most recent one was the worst: we actually had two days that were in the 40s, and it was beautiful, before the afternoon darkened and chilled and the rain came, followed by the ice and then the snow.

A couple storms ago we had a record number of cars in the ditch between Ames and Des Moines.

This morning on my way to class I thought to myself, "Ok people, I know the road is iced over, but we can probably go a little faster than twenty miles an hour." No sooner had it entered my mind than a woman driving a minivan spun off the highway going the other direction. So, I stuck with that 20 mph and was glad it wasn't me.

Spring needs to arrive soon!

I am fully aware that once the temperature gets past the lower 80s I will be whining about wanting winter back. It's not my fault my school is in a climate with vast extremes! I want to find a place to live where summer doesn't get above the 80s and the humidity is lower. I wonder where that might be.

No comments: