Thursday, September 13, 2007

Staying awake to chase a dream

Here is my song of the day. It's from one of Muse's older albums. Sorry if you don't have iTunes or a converter; you probably won't be able to listen.

I've got a wonderful afternoon free to study (and will have tomorrow as well) so of course I've got to screw around and waste time for a while!

Here's a pic of Loki (Mr. Loki Pants...don't ask) playing in my backpack:



He's getting so big! It will be interesting to see who's dominant when he's all grown up, because right now Sebastian is definitely head honcho but it may only be because of his larger size.

I looked up the word "abattoir" this morning. Only Americans can take something that should be a pretty sounding "aba-twa" (close enough, and rather ironically pretty since it means slaughterhouse) and turn it into "aba-twar". I hate how Americans pronounce things. Here's another fun French phrase for you: joie de vivre. Such a beautiful language. I really like that you can listen to pronunciations at Merriam-Webster.

The VM1s had their first Anatomy exam today. They were all freaking out, much as I recall freaking out a year ago. I didn't have the heart to tell them they will look back on first semester Anatomy with fondness. They will discover this in due time.

I suppose I've killed enough time. I need to learn the Rhabditids for Parasit. *sigh*

No comments: