Monday, May 12, 2008

220 Pounds

That was the size of the Mastiff I had to try to hold for a blood draw today. He had merely to shake his head like dislodging a fly and I would be thrown off. His head came up to my chest. I have never seen a dog that large in my entire life--it was incredible!

Today went much better than Saturday. I have tomorrow off, but then I'm working Wednesday through Saturday. I hope as I begin to get the computer system down and learn the way things are run there I will enjoy it more. The other workers there are very nice even though the vet can be a bit snippy. I can say with all honesty I've dealt with much worse over the course of a summer.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Are you sure it wasn't a bear? Because I don't think it's possible for dogs to be that large.

I'm sure once you figure out everything it will be much more enjoyable. I hate starting at a new place and having to always ask where everything is and how exactly things are done.

And I just read your last comment - the quizzing thing sounds exactly like grad school. The more people there to witness your humiliation, the better!