Friday, June 8, 2007

Keep your dog on a leash!

I swear, the people in this neighborhood are the crappiest dog owners. The neighbors in the duplex across the parking lot have a huge (like, monstrously huge) 9 month old male pit bull named Max that really needs to be neutered (only for energy, not attitude). He's like a 90 pound exuberant teddy bear. It's hilarious to watch Kaya play with him because he's unintentionally rough when he swats her and she freaks and jumps like a spider! But anyway, they leave him out on a long lead for a large portion of the day. I go play with him because I feel so bad that he's out there by himself all the time.

The other stupid people live in our building and coincidentally are friends with the pit's owners, and they have this blue merle husky mix (that I used to think was freaky because of his husky eyes) who also is really nice and gets along with Kaya. Not only do they often leave him out on their patio on the first floor on a leash, they often just let him out and he hangs around the area. This morning when I got home from work he was taking a nap in the middle of the parking lot! He's going to end up getting hurt or killed if they keep letting him out like that. It's so irresponsible it makes me grind my teeth.

In other news, on the Today show this morning they unveiled the new "deluxe" Harry Potter book cover. Um, wtf?! What about those of us who pre-ordered months ago? I'm not going to buy the new one too! Bastards...

Hmm...movies I'm excited about. I like Knocked Up, didn't like Pirates, Shrek was ok. New movies coming out that I want to see are Transformers, Stardust (read the book by Neil Gaiman first!!), Eagle Vs. Shark, Evan Almighty (that might be a disappointment), Ratatouille, License to Wed (probably not that great, but I like Robin Williams), that's all I can think of right now.

Kyle and I have decided to pick up languages as a hobby. I chose to start with Spanish because it's my background (in hopes that it's an easier beginning) and Kyle picked German. We ordered the materials from an academic discount place (that Rosetta Stone stuff advertised on TV is like $400!!) for $70. The best part is whenever we feel like it we can switch! I'm excited for it to get here.

No comments: